The Mattole Restoration Council is a 36 year-old watershed restoration non-profit on the Lost Coast of Northern California, with a million dollar plus annual budget and a regular staff of nine. We are a membership organization with an elected board of directors that undertakes landscape-scale watershed restoration and rehabilitation in the Mattole watershed and adjacent areas, and promotes a stewardship land ethic. For more information about our programs, please visit www.mattole.org.
- Works with the board of directors to execute the mission and long-term strategic goals;
- Oversees and manages 9 regular staff and 60 seasonal employees;
- Leads fundraising efforts and works with the program staff to develop projects and submit grant proposals to various federal and state agencies and foundations;
- Directs the implementation of organizational policies and the strategic plan;
- Acts as liaison to the community, partner groups, agencies, and other stakeholders;
- Oversees fiscal management.
- Excellent communication skills;
- Experience with fundraising and developing federal and state grant proposals;
- Experience with managing federal and state contracts;
- Ability to establish dynamic relationships with a broad base of stakeholders;
- Experience with non-profit fiscal and personnel management;
- Commitment to community based watershed restoration;
- A background in environmental science/biology/ecology;
- Familiarity with watershed restoration strategies and methods;
- Strong sense of self-direction and self-organization;
The position is full to half time (negotiable), and reports to the board of directors. Compensation is commensurate with experience, and includes health, vacation, training and retirement benefits. The position is based in the Petrolia office, with travel throughout the watershed and Northern California. A valid driver’s license and functioning personal vehicle are required.
To Apply: Email cover letter, resume/CV and three references to John Williams, firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, call John at 707 629 3265.
This position is open until filled; interviews begin on January 13, 2020.