In this Entry Level Water Resources Staff Engineer position, you will apply your knowledge of principles of hydrology and hydraulics to respond to a broad range of water resources engineering assignments in surface-water riverine and estuarine environments to:
- Study open channel flow, sediment transport, scour, stability, and deposition issues in rivers and reservoirs.
- Estimate flood hazards and risk. Develop mitigation measures and alternatives for watersheds, including flood forecasting and inundation mapping.
- Evaluate complex water resource systems including watersheds receiving rain and snow.
- Perform integrated hydrologic modeling including potential impacts on surface and groundwater due to climate changes.
- Conduct dam/levee engineering and safety investigations to include dam breach analysis, feasibility planning, operations studies, drainage analysis, water control manual updates.
- Work as part of a project team to develop high quality deliverables for our clients.